Training and Development
We pride ourselves on offering the best service possible.
Our Training department consists of a team of professionals who develop, design and deliver high quality training to all members of the community. We deliver training to suit you and your organisation.
All our trainers are professionally qualified and have extensive in the disability, mental health and human services sector.
In addition to courses related to the disability sector, we also offer training to our participants including My Training My Way, stress management, communication, leadership and motivational training.
As a service with an established reputation for professionalism and excellence, staff, participants and organisations are guaranteed professional and personal development to the highest standard when they participate in our Training Courses.
From our participants and staff to external organisations both within and outside the disabilities sector, we provide specialist training programs designed to increase your business’ productivity and develop transferrable skills.
Our comprehensive courses cover the essential tools you and your team need working within the disability sector. In addition, we provide transferrable skills training in areas including, mental health first aid, bullying prevention, and planning using a person centred approach.
We have also developed training for people with disability, autism or mental health conditions. Personal development courses such as Trained 2 Work (employment preparation), My Circles (personal boundaries and protective behaviors), bullying and abuse prevention, healthy relationships and independent living are available and customisable for your needs.
Skills development for individuals
- Mental Health First Aid
- Communication Strategies
- Time Management: Get Organised for Peak Performance
- Staying mentally healthy in the workplace
- Mindfulness in the workplace
- Belbin team profiling
- Building Your Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
- Conflict Resolution: Getting Along in the Workplace
- Change and How to Deal with It
- Stress Management
Leadership skills for any workplace
- Coaching: A Leadership Skill
- Motivation Training: Motivating Your Workforce
- Secrets of Change Management
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors: Communication, Coaching and Conflict
- The ABC’s of Professional Supervision
DISABILITY SECTOR ESSENTIALS
For working within the disability sector
- Alternatives to Employment (ATE) Essentials
- Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE) Essentials
- Disability Employment Services (DES) Essentials
MY TRAINING MY WAY
- My Circles
- Healthy Relationships
- Trained 2 Work
- OHS Training
FACILITIES FOR HIRE
- Seating for up to 24 people
- Air conditioned
- Flexible room layouts in conference or theatre style
- Laptop and data projector
- WiFi internet (on request)
- Polycom (television or telephone)
- Accessible premises
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Catering available (on request)
- Flexible hours