At Intelife the well-being of our customers, staff and community is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are taking preventative measures regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus, now known as COVID-19.
A coronavirus is a type of virus which is common across the world. COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in China in December 2019 that has now spread internationally.
We are following the government guidelines on the coronavirus and have put in restrictions and controls that are recommended by government bodies. These restrictions and controls apply to all staff, participants, customers, subcontractors and visitors associated with Intelife.
On 31 January 2021 the State Government implemented a five day lockdown in Western Australia due to an outbreak of COVID-19. Pending no further local cases, the five-day lockdown for the Perth, Peel and South West regions will end as planned and from 6pm, Friday 5 February the following will come into effect:
- Perth and Peel will enter into a post-lockdown transition period until 12.01am, Sunday 14 February. This allows the full 14-day incubation period to run its course
- South West will return straight to pre-lockdown conditions.
For details of all post-lockdown requirements please click here.
Up to date announcements from the Western Australian Government can be found here.
COVID-19 Testing Criteria and COVID Testing Clinics
The testing criteria for COVID-19 has been expanded significantly across all COVID-19 clinics and testing sites across Western Australia. Testing criteria and clinic information can be found here
The testing criteria includes anyone displaying the following symptoms:
- presenting with a fever (≥37.5°C)
- a recent history of a fever (e.g. night sweats, chills) OR
- an acute respiratory infection e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat OR
- acute loss of smell or loss of taste.
The best way to protect yourself and others against coronavirus is to practice good hygiene by:
- Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol based hand gel;
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose;
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above; and
- Avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres).
Letters communicated to families
- 5 Feb 21 Letter to families
- 31 Jan 21 Letter to families
- Familiy letter re Christmas 2020
- Easing of restictions of interstate border let to families 181120
- Family letter preparation in the event of second wave 030820
- 200331 Family Letter Phase 4 260620
- 200501 Family Letter
- NDIS Changes to Plans and Funding due to COVID-19 letter 090420
- Family Letter 310320
- 200323 Families Letter changes to service offering
- Letter to families re Covid-19 17 March 20
- Letter to families re Covid-19 5 March 20
How to protect yourself