Preparations for the transition of the business from existing State funding to the Federal Government National Disability Insurance Scheme continues at pace. Family information evening were held in our Busselton office during August with further information evenings planned.
We will be running information evenings for families in our North Region in September prior to the start of the transition in the North Metropolitan areas from October 2018. Please contact your local team leader should you have any specific concerns about the NDIS generally or your plan specifically. Alternatively you can contact Intelife on 08 6169 1100 to be transferred to the relevant contact person to discuss your NDIS plan.
It is particularly important during the transition of plans to ensure that all your service requirements are detailed and Intelife staff can assist in ensuring that appropriate funding is included to mitigate the risk of a reduction in services in your NDIS plan.
This newsletter marks the end of the NDIS’s fifth year. The five-year mark is a great opportunity to reflect on how far the Scheme has come to date.
5 YEARS OF NDIS
After 5 years:
• 183,965 Participants are in the Scheme. This is just 74% of the Bilateral Estimates for this time
• There are 16,755 registered providers.
• The NDIS is fully operational in NSW, SA and the ACT. This means that anyone in these States and Territories is now able to seek access to the Scheme.
• 1 in 3 NDIS Participants are new to disability supports. This is truly something to be excited about, it is the type of life changing difference that we were promised by the NDIS.
• The first regions of WA are now in the Scheme.
Western Australia statistics as at 30 June 2018
• 4,508 people in Western Australia benefiting from the NDIS
• 4,508 participants with an approved plan
• 10% growth in the number of participants this quarter